ATTENTION GRADUATING 49ers!
Are you participating in commencement ceremonies?
Do you have any mobility concerns?
If so, please contact Katie Montie 704-687-0043 or email@example.com
A drop-off area is available at the West Entrance of the James H. Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Dale F. Halton Arena) for graduates and guests with limited mobility. Once on campus, follow the signs and tell traffic personnel that you wish to use the arena's drop-off area. Staff will be available to assist. Wheelchair transportation to guests' accessible seating will also be available. Guests who cannot transfer to a seat and need to remain in a wheelchair must bring their own. Wheelchairs are generally available for short-term rental from medical supply stores and some pharmacies.
GUEST COMMENCEMENT SEATING
All guests will need a ticket to enter Dale F. Halton Arena. There are no designated accessible seating tickets. Accessible seating is limited so early arrival is strongly recommended. Doors open 90 minutes prior to each ceremony.
- Mobility: Limited accessible seating is available for guests using wheelchairs or who are unable to climb stairs. One person may accompany each guest. Wheelchair transportation to accessible seating will be available. However, guests who cannot transfer to a seat and need to remain in a wheelchair will need to bring or rent their own. Wheelchairs are generally available for short-term rental from medical supply stores and some pharmacies.
- Hearing: Closed captioning will be provided. FM systems will also be available. Please visit Guest Services in the Food Court for more information.
- Vision: Limited seating for individuals with vision impairments, plus one accompanying person, will be available in Section 132.
REMOTE VIEWING OPTIONS
Remote viewing options are available for guests who do not have a ticket or would like more spacious seating. Both viewing locations are near the James H. Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Dale F. Halton Arena) and offer theater-style seating.
- McKnight Hall: McKnight Hall, located on the 3rd floor of the Cone University Center, uses theater-style seating with ramp aisles. Elevator access is available. Guests may be dropped off and picked up at the Cone University Center on University Road. Limited ADA parking is available at this entrance; a disability placard is required. Guests who will need wheelchair assistance to enter McKnight Hall must bring their own wheelchair. Wheelchairs are generally available for short-term rental from medical supply stores and some pharmacies.
- Popp Martin Student Union movie theater: The movie theater is located on the 1st floor of the Popp Martin Student Union next to Outtakes Quick Cuisine. Floor seating is limited.
- Which option is right for you?
- McKnight Hall has no stairs, making mobility easier.
- The movie theater is located in the Popp Martin Student Union with various dining options.
- The Popp Martin Student Union has multiple sitting areas.
- Both locations are handicap accessible, but floor seating is limited in the movie theater.
Please contact the Office of Disability Services if you have any additional questions regarding accessibility: 704‑687‑0040 or Disability Services.